"Believe in your heart, follow your dreams or just go to Disneyland." Emma -age 4

Friday, February 4, 2011

Outfit 3. A 2 for 1.

I just realized that when I went back and labeled my old posts it removed them from the blog. So I went back and republished them. Sorry if you got a bunch of postings from me in your reader. I am going to try to be better and label them when I post.

This is a 2 for 1 post today because my skirt is a recent refashion. I found this very 90's looking skirt at the Goodwill recently. I'd been looking for a khaki skirt to refashion for the 30 for 30. I was inspired by a skirt that Kendi wore here and here. And while it isn't exactly the same, I think it's close. Here is how the skirt looked when I bought it.



Not much to look at but I could see the potential. I shortened this skirt and added elastic at the waist. I am still contemplating replacing the buttons with something a little more modern, but it works for now. Here's how I wore it today. Today also marks the debut of one of the items not pictured in my previous post. I purchased this before the challenge started but it only arrived today. It is a J. Crew angora sweater I got on eBay. I love the bright color and am already planning my Valentine's outfit around it!




I am finding that the hardest part of this whole challenge is getting in front of the camera. Really. I dread it. I somehow always look way cuter and more put together in my mind. But I am committed to this project. So I will carry on.

1 comment: