"Believe in your heart, follow your dreams or just go to Disneyland." Emma -age 4

Friday, December 3, 2010

RE-fashion Friday!

First off wanted to mention the new Gatsbyesque header photo. If you are getting this in your reader, you won't see it. So click on over and tell me what you think. I found the photo op on our trip to Granbury. I love it. It's just creepy enough to be cool. And the word on the street is that they are doing a remake of 'The Great Gatsby' with Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby, Tobey Maguire as Nick and newcomer Carey Mulligan as Daisy. Baz Lurhmann is directing and he is a GENIUS so I am excited.

Anyway, onto re-fashion Friday. I love to sew. And thanks to my mother, I know how. Her mother taught her. So I guess I am thankful for my Grandmother too. And fairly recently I was inspired by this talented lady and her blog. So while in Houston over the holiday weekend, I did a little thrifting. I found several dresses including this one.



I hope to make this a regular feature on the blog so I promise to have more blog worthy photos next time. Needless to say, this photo does not do the dress justice. It is a deep navy blue with vibrant purple and pink flowers. Here is how I wore it.



Though you can't see because of the sweater, I detached the sleeves, changed the neckline and the hem. I also took it in several inches on each side. I really liked the way it turned out. I feel it is still a little big at the waist and plan on bringing it in some more. I went with a bright pink tight which Jason questioned, but I feel turned out really well. I wore it on Wednesday to a sub job, and got quite a few stares from the kids.

But it's just because they never had a substitute teacher who dressed so cool. That's what my story anyway. And I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the dress girl! Just my style:) lol. Just kidding, but I do miss your hand-me-downs! I am taking up sewing myself. My mom bought me a new sewing machine last year and my goal is to use it as much as possible, especially for making gifts! I have made some pretty cute stuff if I do say so myself. By the way, I love the blog. I subcribed to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. i'm officially inspired. sewing machine is now on the list of things to buy. new boots on the list too. you look hot! :)and tell jason that tights are really in-even bright pink ones.

    ReplyDelete