"Believe in your heart, follow your dreams or just go to Disneyland." Emma -age 4

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I WILL be a better blogger.


I will be a better blogger, I will be a better blogger. This is my new mantra. I promise to take the time to blog things from my life. And to the three people who read this blog, you can hold me accountable. So, for today, a recipe.

I came across this recipe the other day and since I had frozen chicken in the freezer, I thought I would try it out. I pretty much followed her spice suggestions but next time I would leave out the curry. I found it overpowering.

But this post is really about the buns that I made to go with the chicken. I did some searching for homemade hamburger buns but nothing looked really good until I went to the King Arthur site. I think this will be my go to site for anything bread. The directions are easy to follow and these buns turned out amazing. The only change I made was subbing one cup of wheat flour and only adding 5 cups of flour total. Just play with the texture of the dough. It should be pretty soft but not sticky. I will be making these again. In fact, we are going to eat these with mini "Juicy Lucy" sliders tonight. Thanks CRZ for the recipe on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment