"Believe in your heart, follow your dreams or just go to Disneyland." Emma -age 4

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thrifting: Why I love it

photo

This week since my Lenten fast is over I've been thrifting a little bit. And man have I missed it! I know that some people think that I'm crazy and that they would never shop in a old, smelly thrift shop. But I'm here to tell you, it's the best!

The evidence is pictured above. If you can't tell what those items are, let me enlighten you. Those are Joe's Jeans chambray trousers. Price? $4. That necklace is from Anthropologie several years ago. Price? $6. And that silk maxi dress? It's a Konrad & Joseph from Anthropologie too. Price? $3.

Y'all! You need to get yourself to the thrift store. Retail on those items was probably close to $400. I spent $13. Convinced?

*In the interest of full disclosure, not every time is that fortuitous. The thrifting angels must have missed me and so looked on me with favor this week while I shopped.*

2 comments:

  1. gimme that necklace. fo' reals. i think i'm ready to try thrifting again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finds! Love thrifting!

    ReplyDelete