"Believe in your heart, follow your dreams or just go to Disneyland." Emma -age 4

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Poisoned Apple Fritters




That got your attention I bet. And no I am not giving you a recipe for your enemies. The girls were watching "Enchanted" this morning. And in case you haven't seen it, there is an evil witch, a handsome prince, a beautiful princess and a poisoned apple. And they all live happily ever after. Except the witch of course.

I printed this ages ago. I had a couple of Granny Smiths wilting in the fridge and it's getting cooler here in the great state of Texas. So today it was time for Fall food!

I have fried food more times than I would like to admit. But to be honest, I have never been that good at it. I never get the temperature of the oil quite right. It's too hot and burns on the outside while being uncooked and gooey on the inside. Or I don't get the oil hot enough and it ends up being super greasy. Not appetizing at all. But today, the stars aligned for me. The oil was the perfect temperature and everything was golden brown. I didn't burn even one fritter. I may have to eat and cook fried food more often.

These fritters were so good. The exterior was super crunchy while the inside was moist and dense. The girls said they tasted like apple pie and I quite agree. I know PW says to dunk them in the glaze, but I found them cloyingly sweet that way. They only need a little drizzle on the top. With my espresso, it was a great way to start the day.

And I'm not a princess but I'm sure my day will end in a happily ever after. And yours will too. Especially if you make these for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment